Important Information: Read before you reserve
- First-come, first-served: We have a limited number of turkeys. We will fulfill orders and size preferences in the order that we receive them.
- Deposit required: A $50 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your turkey. (Note: refunds will be issued for the following unforeseen events.)
- Unforeseen circumstances: Predation, illness and catastrophic weather events could result in your turkey becoming unavailable. We will notify you immediately and issue a full refund.
- Weight: Female turkeys (hens) tend to weigh between 10-14 lbs. Male turkeys (Toms) usually range from 18-22 lbs. We ask you to list your preferred weight below. While we will do our best to provide a bird that is within a couple of pounds of your preference, we can't guarantee that.
- Pick-up and storage: Fresh turkeys will be available for pick-up at Red Shirt Farm between noon and 7:00pm starting on Sunday, 11/24, through Tuesday, 11/26. All turkeys must be picked up by 7:00pm on Tuesday.
Your bird will need to be refrigerated or frozen once you bring it home. If you choose to freeze it, be aware that you will need to allow 24 hours for every 4-5 lbs of meat for the turkey to unthaw in your refrigerator. For food safety considerations, you should never thaw your turkey at room temperature.
- Cooking: Heritage turkeys cook differently than commercial birds due to differences in fat distribution, balance of light and dark meat, and a smaller breast. We will provide cooking recommendations and recipe suggestions, but we can not be responsible for the outcome of your turkey.